Monday, August 3, 2009

Gateway MX7120 Laptop review

The first thing that scares me away from a laptop is the design, and the weight. If it goes too much that i expect, i do not give it a second look.

My first requirement for a stylish laptop notebook was met by Gateway MX7120 laptop. It comes out in a nice design that will continue taking your face back to it, over and over. Although, it didn't meet up fully with me second requirement, as regards weight, but other features have made me consider giving it a shot.

The Gateway MX7120 laptop is a strong laptop starting from its AMD Athlon 64 (2.2 GHz) processor. I have come to understand that all AMD processors have a built model of lasting and strong laptops computer. I have loved it so much that it just can't have afault, of course, i pray it doesn't. The Gateway MX7120 laptop is also packed with a 512 MB DDR SDRAM, coupled with a 100 GB hard disk drive. That is not bad for just a student use. Actually, i am a college student, and i don't get involved in gaming activites, but i rather prefer to watch movies, and i also love desktop design, and actually this laptop computer is really meeting that need.

Its 15.4 inch TFT active matrix screen display gives it another outstanding look way beyond other bigger screen laptops computer. I honestly, don't like big screen. If i want a big screen, i will rather go buy a Flat screen TV of about 80 inches.

I am so used to Microsoft Windows XP Media Center, that if i get another operating system, it will take a long time to love it, and my working with it will become slower. However, not all its features gave me a head start. I disliked its weight, which is about 7.5 lbs. I also disliked its port arangement. I love most ports being at the back side of the laptop, not almost in front of it. It makes it look like something i can't really describe. But on the average, i have come this love this MX7120 laptop, because of its strength, and functionability.

Another feature i did not like, is its memory card reader, i would have love a 6-in-1 Flash memory card reader, and also a webcam, so that i can use it for conferencing, and chatting with friends, because that is the second thing i love. I love chatting, and meeting friends over the internet. But its WLAN network connection gave me an impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment